De1e2

T20

How can we achieve this? Please help

Thanks in advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Fifteen Stars

Re: How to create batch header and trailer records in output file

I'm assuming the batches are identified by the ID. If that is the case, this is relatively easy. However, it is a little complicated to explain quickly and I do not have a great deal of time right now. So I have knocked up an example (it's quicker to do than explain) in v6.5.1. Take a look at this and see if you can work with it. You may need to download Talend 6.5.1 to use this if you aren't using that version.

Rilhia Solutions
Fifteen Stars

You can do this with a tAggregateRow component. I believe you can just add the calculation (count) into one of the ones I put into the job....I don't have it here at the moment and am not using 6.5 so I can't look at it.

Rilhia Solutions
4 REPLIES
Fifteen Stars

I'm assuming the batches are identified by the ID. If that is the case, this is relatively easy. However, it is a little complicated to explain quickly and I do not have a great deal of time right now. So I have knocked up an example (it's quicker to do than explain) in v6.5.1. Take a look at this and see if you can work with it. You may need to download Talend 6.5.1 to use this if you aren't using that version.

Rilhia Solutions
Five Stars

THANK YOU SO MUCH. It is working. Thanks alot.

is there any way to get Count of number of records per each group to append to Trailer Record for every batch?

Thanks in advance

Fifteen Stars

You can do this with a tAggregateRow component. I believe you can just add the calculation (count) into one of the ones I put into the job....I don't have it here at the moment and am not using 6.5 so I can't look at it.

Rilhia Solutions
Five Stars

Thanks alot. Thank you for the help!