Four Stars

How to create a Deployment Group in Talend

Hi All,

Can anyone please provide me steps to create a Deployment Group (DG) in Talend which help us to deploy the multiple Talend jobs from one environment to other environment ?

Also, It would be great help if anyone can share Automated Script to create and deploy from one environment to another. Thanks in Advanced!

Regards,

8 REPLIES
Six Stars

Re: How to create a Deployment Group in Talend

Hi Kunal,

How you want to move your talend jobs from one environment to another environment using nexus ?

Thanks,

lmit

Hi Kuna,

which Talend Product you are using ? 

If you have a subscription product look at the Talend metaservlet.

BR Bp

Four Stars

Thanks lmit for your reply!

Actually I want to move Talend job from one environment to other through script. In the same way, which we can perform in informatica through pmrep command:
link : https://community.informatica.com/solutions/informatica_deployment_group_automation

I want to perform similar thing for Talend. At this moment, I do not know steps to create DG in Talend. Thanks Again!

Tags (1)
Four Stars

Hi BR Bp, Thanks for your reply!

I am using below version :

Talend Big Data Platform

Version: 6.1.1

Also, I didnot aware about Talend metaservlet. Do you have any document or link so that I can create a DG in Talend .Thanks!

You will find the documentation for the metaservlet in Talend Help :https://help.talend.com/

The Talend Metaservelt can be used to execute most of the gui operation from the TAC as a rest service or as well from batch or shell script.

BR Bp

Four Stars

Ok Thanks!

Will this help me to create a deployment group or it is use to just run a job ?
My main motive is to create a Deployment Group with shell script and deploy it to other environment.

Hi,

we need to get rid of the term deployment group first Smiley Wink ! This is something not exsistent in Talend Smiley Wink

We might need to understand your Talend landscape a bit better to help you.

Will be the other TAC environemnt a newer version of Talend ? Do you want to migrate to a newer Talend Version ?

Do you only deploy DI Jobs or as well services ?

Do you compile with the Talend commandline on TAC Server or deploy via Zip / or Artifact via Nexus ?

BR Bp

Four Stars

Thanks for your reply!

We are using TAC but my requirement is to deploy set of Talend Jobs through shell script from one environment to other (ex. from Dev to QA). Can we do this Talend ? If yes, Is there any command or anything that will help me to do that ?