Four Stars

How to connect to Talend Administration Center from remote?

I would like to build a job to run from Talend Administration Center, this job will be trigger through another application outside from Talend Administration Center. After this job finish, Talend Administration Center can send a status message back to the requester, is this something can be done in Talend?

• Data Integration
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Nine Stars

Re: How to connect to Talend Administration Center from remote?

are You looking for this
Talend Administration Center MetaServlet API

TAC has notification, but I prefer install different notification in Job body and send eMail/Slack/OPSGenie alert depending from what happens

-----------
Employee

You can call your Job through TAC metaservlet API. You can call it in an asynchronous way so that the call does not block.  However, you will need to design your job to notify back the caller, either by writing a flag somewhere, or put a message on a queue, or send an email, or call a webservice to say that it is finished.  Your job should do that.

6 REPLIES
Nine Stars

are You looking for this
Talend Administration Center MetaServlet API

TAC has notification, but I prefer install different notification in Job body and send eMail/Slack/OPSGenie alert depending from what happens

-----------
Employee

You can call your Job through TAC metaservlet API. You can call it in an asynchronous way so that the call does not block.  However, you will need to design your job to notify back the caller, either by writing a flag somewhere, or put a message on a queue, or send an email, or call a webservice to say that it is finished.  Your job should do that.

Four Stars

e information and suggestion, I am interest to know more about the notification part but I hardly find example on the net to follow, do you mind to share some examples?

Four Stars

thank you very much for the information, I am testing the metaSerlvet API runTask command. When I run my job I get Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError for the routine class I created in my job.
When I run this job in studio, I did not face this error, I am not sure what is wrong here, do I need to deploy my routine in jar to TAC?
Employee

Does the task run in the JobConductor if you manually select the task in the UI and click on Run?

Four Stars

I create a class named ResponseResult in a routine class, and I use this class in another routine class static method to return the ResponseResult class object.
In my job, I create a tJava to call to the routine static method which should return ResponseResult object, I run this in studio, the ResponseResult class can be loaded during job execution.
But, I run in TAC in job conductor and through metaServlet API, both give same Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: routines/ResponseResult

I try to create a routine to do HTTP request, I never create a routine before, am I doing something wrong here?