One Star

How to connect Talend to Apache hadoop 2.6.0 version

Hi, 
Hope my issue will addressed here.
I have a multi-node apache hadoop cluster running on my VMs. I am not using any distribution (like Cloudera, HDP, MapR...). I am using core hadoop.
Now the issue is, when i am trying establish connection between talend (6.0 big data integrated) and hadoop 2.6.0. But i am ended up with no provision to do it. 
If someone address my issue, it would really help me to move further.
4 REPLIES

Re: How to connect Talend to Apache hadoop 2.6.0 version

Hi,
Have you tried to use custom distribution to connect to Apache hadoop 2.6.0?
Could you please have a look at a related forum:https://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=44501?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Fifteen Stars

I use the Cloudera 5.4 (Yarn mode) with my Apache Hadoop 2.7 distribution and it works fine. It won't connect without a bit of configuration. 
Personally I think Talend need to make this process (creating a connection) less obfuscated. The whole point of Talend Big Data is to make it simpler to get developing, yet I spent quite a while trying to work out how to set up a bespoke distribution configuration, assuming that the Hortonworks, Cloudera, etc, distributions would not work for me. I guess the reading I needed to do did teach me a fair bit about Hadoop, but it was a very frustrating process. Made even more frustrating by the lack of decent documentation available.
Rilhia Solutions
One Star

we appreciate your feedback. Will pass it on to our documentation team and see if we can add much more detailed information to the documents.

Hi,
We have created a DOCT jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/DOCT-5104.
Your suggestion and comment will be appreciated.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.