Four Stars

How to connect Talend and SAP BW with Talend as datasource?

Hello,

we are currently trying to connect Talend and SAP BW without using a JDBC interface to the underlying Talend database. It's not about bringing SAP BW data to Talend, but the other way round.

Therefore we are looking for a solution that intergrates Talend as a native source system to SAP BW.

Unfortunately I could not find any description for this scenario in the Talend help pages and in this forum.

What I found out is that a component named "tSAPDataSourceOutput" exists and I am able to establish a handshake with my BW system via the sapjco3 Java Connector.
The attempt fails with the following error message:

Exception in component tSAPDataSourceOutput_5
SAPException@5c44c582 [
   errorCode=1
  ,errorGroup=519
  ,errorKey=JCO_UNKNOWN_GROUP_519
  ,errorMessage=No data request exists for request number 1
  ,bapiName=BAPI_DSOURCE_SEND_CHARSTRING
  ,objectName=TEST_DS_TALEND (TALENDB)
]

Is there anyone who already used the SAP BW connection in this way and has a best practise scenario for that?
And does anybody know how to handle the component "tSAPDataSourceOutput" so that SAP BW can get the data?

Talend Data Management Plattform 6.2.1
  • Data Integration
6 REPLIES

Re: How to connect Talend and SAP BW with Talend as datasource?

Hello,

Could you please post your tSAPDataSourceOutput component setting screenshot on forum? Any more error message printed on console?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Screenshot is attached. USERNAME and HOST are just set for the screenshot.

Would be great if someone can give me a hint.

Hi,

Have you already added the SAP java connector sapjco3.jar in module view?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi,

yes I did. With "I am able to establish a handshake with my BW system via the sapjco3 Java Connector" I already went to the following steps.

- System connection succsessful

- Meta-Data-Sync of DataSource in BW

By the way: The source system in BW was defined as "External System" and I did choose "Registered Server Program" with "Program ID" "TALEND" in the RFC settings. But I did not setup the Talend RFC-Server because it seems like this module is only needed to get data out of SAP and not the other way round.

Hi,

What's SAP BW version you are using? SAP BW 7.3? With your subscription solution product, could you please create a case on talend support portal on which we can give you a remote asistance(webex) through support cycle with priority?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

We are using SAP BW 7.4.

The WebEx support would be great. I will create a case.

Best regards,

Michael