Five Stars

How to configure tFilelist & tFileInputdelimited to set up dynamic input

Hello,

Here is my situation - 

I created 6 filedelimited under Metadata previously for my job input (i.e. USISV) but now I have to use dynamic Input (i.e. ILUSISV_D20180608053000.KRLOGN.ZZLGNT) for my job - we plan to connect with FTP to get those Inputs automatically. so I configured tFilelist as below - 

Capture.PNG

But I am not sure how to configure tFileInputdelimited to get one of the file (i.e. USISV). I put below but not work - nothing show in Tmap.
Capture.PNG

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Thank you so much if you can help me solve this problem!

5 REPLIES
Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Re: How to configure tFilelist & tFileInputdelimited to set up dynamic input

Does your filemask matches with réal filenames?
There is no extension on filenames such as .csv or anything else ?

TRF
Five Stars

Hi,

Files I use will be updated daily with different timestamp, such as "ILUSISV_D20180611053001.KRLOGN.ZZLGNT so currently everyday I need to manually change into general file name such as "USISV".
For my Filemask, I put "ILUSISV_*.KRLOGN.ZZLGNT" and I also include other 5 files for different job needs.
Five Stars

Also, there is an error message in my tFileInputDelimited - "no schema has been defined yet" and I am not sure how to import those schema from tFileList to tFileInputDelimited just like I did in "Matadata - file delimited" part.
I have 6 different files do I need to create 6 different tFilelist as well?

Hello,

You need to use talend dynamic schema feature in your tfileinputdelimited component if your 6 different files have different schema structure.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi,

Have same data structure, the difference will only be the file name - for example, now I use "USISV" as file name but I want to change to USISV_(current date) for the input