Highlighted
Four Stars

How to configure daily rolling logs ?

Hello,

I would like to configure log4J to use a daily rolling file (new file created every day + delete the files older than X days).

However, Talend doesn't seem to use the Log4J Template that I define in the Project Settings : the log file is created with the name I defined in Parameters > Stats & Logs, but the rolling doesn't happen.

I can even put an empty template and nothing change (log file created just fine).

I'm using the free TOS, not the subscription one.

If the use of the template in TOS is restricted to the subscription TOS, is there a way to overwrite the log4J settings after a job has been built ?

I am using Talend Open Studio 5.5.1

• Data Integration
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES
Employee

Re: How to configure daily rolling logs ?

Talend Open Studio 5.5.1 has a UI for the Log4J settings but it was done for a very specific use case and very few components had Log4J logger level integration.  That's why probably you don't see it do much with the Log4J.  Full Log4J integration in the products happened in 6.x versions where Talend updated the 800+ components to log according to the Log4J logger level details, and added the Log Level settings in the Run Tab etc.

By the way version 5.5.1 is end of life as per https://www.talend.com/support/support-statements/ .  You should consider upgrading to 6.4.1.

Four Stars

Re: How to configure daily rolling logs ?

Hello,

I upgraded to 6.4.1 and I now have the "Print content with Log4J" checkbox on some components and the Log Level settings in the Run Tab.

However, Talend Open Studio still doesn't seem to use the Log4J template that I define in the Project Settings pop-up.

I can even erase everything (blank template) and the job doesn't complain.

I don't think I'm using the template correctly.

Could you help me on using it or provide me links on how to use it ?