Hi all.
How to change the author name.
I wanna replace "test@talend.com" with "kumar.talend@gmail.com"
see below screen shot.

Regards,
kumar.talend
Seven Stars

Re: How to change author name

Would you believe that in "simplifying" the project login dialog for TOS that Talend appears to have made it impossible to change this?!
The author is the email address used in creating the connection to the workspace but I cannot see any way to change that because the connection information is encrypted and there is no way to set it when creating the connection.

Hi,
So far, it is a read-only field and cannot be changed.
You can open a JIRA issue in the Talend DI project of the JIRA bugtracker for your requirement, our developer will check it to see if it is feasible.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

I believe read only field is good for Author Name because it provide authentication & specifies who developed that particular job. Instead you modify this field it will be difficult to identify who has developed the job for any changes.,Smiley Happy
Six Stars

edit the email given in local workspace connection.
Regards.
djugal
Seven Stars

edit the email given in local workspace connection

You can only do that using Enterprise version now, not TOS.
Seven Stars

So far, it is a read-only field and cannot be changed.

Except that prior to v5.0, you used to be able to do so by editing the connection just like you still can in the Enterprise version.
Seven Stars

I believe read only field is good for Author Name because it provide authentication & specifies who developed that particular job

Not much help when every Author is the same "test@talend.com"!

Hi,
editing the connection just like you still can in the Enterprise version.

The process will affect all the jobs in one project. That means in a project, all the author is "kumar.talend@gmail.com".
I suspect someone are looking for a feature that in a job there are different authors for different jobs so that we can see the job properties to find the owner.
read-only is for the job properties.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seven Stars

The process will affect all the jobs in one project.

Which is exactly what you would expect if using TOS. Jobs with different authors would come only by importing from another's project.

Hi,
I expect the author in job properties can be writable. Not like the enterprise subscription version to edit the email given in local workspace connection.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Five Stars

In TOS, you can edit the file project.properties and modify the line that looks something like: -
<TalendProperties:User xmi:id="_EODJANG8EeKCfONgjaXI-w" login="test@talend.com" password="D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E"/>
Of course, no warranty given or implied...
Seven Stars

Good one, tal00000! Still need to change each project instead of workspace connection but it gets you there.
One Star

Hi All,
Thanks to every one to gave a valuable feedback.
@xdshi: While creating job the author in job properties it is disable mode and not editable.
i.e all jobs contains same author name "test@talend.com".
@tal00000: I couldn't find the file "project.properties".
where is the exact location of "project.properties" in TOS?

How to overcome this ?

Thanks
kumar.talend

Hi,
While creating job the author in job properties it is disable mode and not editable.

So far it is disable mode and not editable in talend(read-only).
Please open a JIRA issue in the Talend DI project of the JIRA bugtracker, our developer will check it.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Seven Stars

Should be talend.project.
One Star

I done this when we migrated to TOS Commercial edition by just exporting the Services with their dependencies.
Importing while logged in as the new account and va va voom it was imported as my current user Smiley Happy
This may be your solution. A little work and note your Subversion history will be lost.

Graham
One Star

Hi,
While creating job the author in job properties it is disable mode and not editable.

So far it is disable mode and not editable in talend(read-only).
Please open a JIRA issue in the Talend DI project of the JIRA bugtracker, our developer will check it.
Best regards
Sabrina

I dint think this is an issue at all. How can one change the author in Subversion? In my opinion this is expected behavior.
Or...
Can i change the author on Peace and War?
We can make it Graham Twine Smiley Happy while you are there.
Seriously though, can you see the dilemma? The author that created a piece of work should not be changed.
My work around above is even a hack that should be prevented.

Graham
One Star

Hi,
The issue here - as I perceive it - is not whether the author of a job should be changeable or not - but that it should be possible to initialise this variable to something other than the hard-coded value: "test@talend.com" - which still is not possible in the open source version 5.4.0. As ow now, all jobs in all work spaces in the world are listed as created by test@talend.com

Hi,
It welcome to open a work item/ feature jira issue for your "hard -coded" concern. Our developer will check if there is an optimistic workaround for it.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

has there been any traction on this topic since March? (now mid July)
and current version 5.5.1, I still haven't found a way to alter this.

-- It looks like it gets the name from registering with Talend site; just a thought..

Hi,
Here is a related jira issue https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-23687, please vote for it.

Best regards
Sabrina
--