Four Stars

How to capture tS3Put errors into a log file in Talend Open Studios (free version)

Hi,

I'm listening to a local folder for a file, then whenever it's available, put it into a Amazon S3 bucket and log the success (or failure) as seen in the attached job design. Everything works fine for the success case, but I can't capture the errors. Basically because tS3Put doesn't have the options of Java Exception or tWarn. My jonb design is attached below. The tJava components are basically for manual logging. Even if I disconnect from internet while the job is running, the job executes on success path. tS3Put doesn't trigger the "OnComponentError". Could someone please tell me if there's a way to do this?

2 REPLIES

Re: How to capture tS3Put errors into a log file in Talend Open Studios (free version)

Hello,

Do you want to catch the warning logged in the Console as an exception or capture the messages from Java Exception, tDie and/or tWarn?

Here is a component called tLogCatcher which can be used to capture exception and log them (console, file or db table)

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: How to capture tS3Put errors into a log file in Talend Open Studios (free version)

Thanks xdshi,

I tried to use tLogCatcher, but the problem seem to be that the tS3Put does not propagate any of the JavaException or Warn but only Die on Error (definitely I don't want the process to die because it's a continuous loop). The tS3Put properties are as attached.

Is there a way to get around this?

image.pngthanks!