Five Stars

How to capture source record count and target record count

Hi,

Could you pls let me know how do we capture source record count and target record count in a mapping.

thanks,

Durga Devi

3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: How to capture source record count and target record count

Hi durga5
Which components are you using in the job? Can you please provide more details about your requirement? So we can give you more accurate answers.

Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Five Stars

Hi,

I am using tsalesforceinput, tmap, toracleoutput component in one mapping. In this case I want to know how many records were read from the salesforce. and how many records were loaded in the database

In other mapping I use toracleinput, toraclerow(To do deletion/updation based on the criteria), toracleputput component in another mapping. In this case I want to know how many records were read from the database, how many records were deleted/updated, and how many were written to the database.

When I use toraclerow component. there is an option "Use NB_LINE", when I enable this option, is there any extra processing that i need to do

Thanks,

Durga Devi

Ten Stars

The area in the bottom left corner is called the Outline.  You should see a list of the components in your job.  If you expand a component's entry by clicking on the ">", you'll see a list of the global variables associated with that component that are available to you.

tSalesforceInput should have NB_LINE, and tOracleOutput has NB_LINE_UPDATED, NB_LINE_INSERTED, etc.

According to the tOracleRow documentation, Use NB_LINE "allows you feed the variable with the number of rows inserted/updated/deleted to the next component or subjob. This field only applies if the query entered in Query field is a INSERT, UPDATE or DELETE query." I'm not sure if that means it propagates the value of that variable as the output flow of the component.