Four Stars

How to capture reject records

Am very new to Talend and am loading a salesforce object from a database table.

pretty simple job and it fails to load about 5% of the data.  I am just trying to capture the reject records to a xls or csv.  such an easy thing i imagine but cant seem to find where/how.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks!

• Data Integration
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Seven Stars TRF
Seven Stars

Re: How to capture reject records

Hi,
Add a tFileOutputExcel (or other output component) after tSalesfourceOutput.
Right click on tSalesfourceOutput, then "Row > Reject" and link with tFileOutputExecl.
Retrieve the Salesforce rejected records with error message in the Excel file you indicate in the tFileOutputExecl component.

TRF
6 REPLIES
Seven Stars

Welcome!

Sorry but not clean

Could You attach screenshots of Your Job, errors what You have and etc.

It make more easy to understand - where the problem

-----------
Five Stars

Hello,

You haven't mentioned which Database you are using I am assuming it must be SQLSql Server so in order to capture rejected records you will have to first untick "Use Batch Size" option which is in Adv settings of the tMsSqlOutput component.

And since you said your source is Salesforce and you are getting rejected records then even if you are able to capture the rejected records you won't be directly able to load it into your target table(if in case that's what you are trying to achieve). Instead, you can add  SET ANSI warning OFF command in tMsSqlRow this way those rows won't be included in your target and you won't get any truncation issue if those rows are not important for your project. Because mostly truncation issue comes for "Description" field of Salesforce objects. Later on, you can ON the ANSI warning at the endDesign1 to handle rejects rowsDesign1 to handle rejects rowsDesign 2 to avoid truncation issuesDesign 2 to avoid truncation issuessettings1 for Design1settings1 for Design1settings 2 for Design1settings 2 for Design1to ignore truncated rowsto ignore truncated rows

Four Stars

more clarification.  my source is sql server, destination is salesforce.  

Thanks!

ss2sf.jpg

Four Stars

source is sql server, destination is salesforce. i posted a pic as well
Seven Stars TRF
Seven Stars

Hi,
Add a tFileOutputExcel (or other output component) after tSalesfourceOutput.
Right click on tSalesfourceOutput, then "Row > Reject" and link with tFileOutputExecl.
Retrieve the Salesforce rejected records with error message in the Excel file you indicate in the tFileOutputExecl component.

TRF
Four Stars

thanks! figured it had to be pretty easy. much appreciated.