Twelve Stars

How to capture each component processed time in Job

Hi,

could you please let me know how to capture each component processed time in Job?

Thanks,

Manohar

Manohar B
10 REPLIES
Twelve Stars

Re: How to capture each component processed time in Job

Twelve Stars

Since i tried to get the component statistics but not able to get. are you able to get?

Manohar B
Twelve Stars

may be we talking about different, but I can not understand - what You are looking for

.-------------------+------+--------+----------+--------+-------------+-------+----------+-------+----------+-----------------------+-----------+------------+--------.
|                                                                              tLogRow_1                                                                              |
|=------------------+------+--------+----------+--------+-------------+-------+----------+-------+----------+-----------------------+-----------+------------+-------=|
|moment             |pid   |root_pid|father_pid|project |job          |context|origin    |message|system_pid|job_repository_id      |job_version|message_type|duration|
|=------------------+------+--------+----------+--------+-------------+-------+----------+-------+----------+-----------------------+-----------+------------+-------=|
|2018-06-18 22:07:58|YjJ08T|YjJ08T  |YjJ08T    |BD_DEMOS|tStatCatcher1|demo   |tUniqRow_1|success|4614      |_CAQbYOdtEdu08_wAFUaozw|0.1        |end         |6       |
'-------------------+------+--------+----------+--------+-------------+-------+----------+-------+----------+-----------------------+-----------+------------+--------'

.-------------------+------+--------+----------+--------+-------------+-------+----------------------+-------+----------+-----------------------+-----------+------------+--------.
|                                                                                    tLogRow_1                                                                                    |
|=------------------+------+--------+----------+--------+-------------+-------+----------------------+-------+----------+-----------------------+-----------+------------+-------=|
|moment             |pid   |root_pid|father_pid|project |job          |context|origin                |message|system_pid|job_repository_id      |job_version|message_type|duration|
|=------------------+------+--------+----------+--------+-------------+-------+----------------------+-------+----------+-----------------------+-----------+------------+-------=|
|2018-06-18 22:07:58|YjJ08T|YjJ08T  |YjJ08T    |BD_DEMOS|tStatCatcher1|demo   |tFileOutputDelimited_1|success|4614      |_CAQbYOdtEdu08_wAFUaozw|0.1        |end         |9       |
'-------------------+------+--------+----------+--------+-------------+-------+----------------------+-------+----------+-----------------------+-----------+------------+--------'

this is just simple text example, but You can store stats in database and make analysis after

-----------
Twelve Stars

I am looking for something to capture each component taking time in a job.

Manohar B
Twelve Stars

Stats & Logs
When you execute a Job, you can monitor the execution through the tStatCatcher Statistics option or through using a log component. This will enable you to store the collected log data in .csv files or in a database.

You can then set up the path to the log file and/or database once for good in the [Project Settings] dialog box so that the log data get always stored in this location.

Duration: Time for the execution of a Job or a component with the tStatCatcher Statistics check box selected.

this is cover - most of cases, if You have something more important - use tChronometerStart/Stop

-----------

Hello,

Are you looking for detailed logging of the components? The INFO messages shows the progress of the component? Those detailed logging you were getting with older versions where more of a DEBUG level, but were incorrectly logged with INFO level. So changes have been made to rectify this in newer releases.

Either use Debug level or consider using AMC if you want to track statistics on components.  

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Four Stars

hello,

I am using tStatCatcher for capturing the log in a flat file.

best regards

Two Stars

I used tChronometerStart/Stop to measure the time taken by my job and it works perfectly fine but is it there a way I can store it in a flat file?
Thanks.

Hello,

Use tFixedFlowInput to create a row(s) containing your output and link it to tFileOutputDelimite.

((String)globalMap.get("tChronometerStop_1_DURATION"))
((String)globalMap.get("tChronometerStart_1_STARTTIME"))

Let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.