One Star

How to avoid deadlock situation in Talend?

Hi,

I have a scenario like below :
1. Created a job "JOB1" and exported it as .bat file.(JOB1 is using DB1)

2. "Person1" and "Person2" executing same job "JOB1" from different places like "Place1" and "Place2".
3. "Person3" also executing same job from "Place3" continuously for the 5 times without considering the job state.
By Considering the above scenario...if all the 3 persons started executing the JOB1 at the same time then it will
leads to a deadlock situation at the database side.So it shouldn't happen like this and only one person can able to
execute the job at the same time until he finishes his execution.
So how can I achieve this by using Talend. Is there any component or feature available in Talend? or do I need to
customize for this?
It will be greatly appreciated if some one guide me on the right way.
Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES
Four Stars

Re: How to avoid deadlock situation in Talend?

Hi sayagoud ravelly
Perhaps your job depends on what operation it is performing on DB, to prevent from deadlock you can handle in sql server:
1> if it is selecting value from DB you can use with (nolock) option in sql server.
2> if it is performing update operation WAITFOR option with update query..like wise
If you want a job to be accessed by only one user, configure SVN in that situation if one user opens a job the job is locked no other can access that job.

thanks
Anil Kumar Burri
http://anilkumarburri.wordpress.com/
One Star

Re: How to avoid deadlock situation in Talend?

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your response.
OK ,we can customize from the database side like what your suggesting.But do we have any component or feature
available in Talend for this?

Perhaps your job depends on what operation it is performing on DB..

I want to perform select,update,insert operations on MySQL database.
If you want a job to be accessed by only one user..

Restriction is that only one user can execute the job at the same time..and it shouldn't allow if some is trying to
execute the same job at the same time.

Thanks.