How to archive(Move) data from postgres(Postgres 9.3) database to SQL database using TOS Data integration Tool(7.x)

Five Stars

How to archive(Move) data from postgres(Postgres 9.3) database to SQL database using TOS Data integration Tool(7.x)

Hi All,

I am new to Talend Tool. 

I have a one scenario , where I need to archive data from postgres database to SQL database.

Scenario Description:  I have Postgres(postgres V9.3 ) database  as a my main database. In my main database(Postgres) I want to archive data from some of the tables like 3 out of 10 tables . That tables data i want to import into SQL database.

Now , Suppose I want to run a select query on 3 tables( 3 out of 10 tables) . Result of that select query , want to insert into sql database. And then I want to run a delete query , which will delete data permanently from that 3 tables , if above select and insert query was successful,if above job failed it should send a mail. I have attached flow diagram

Please guide I am new to Taled DI Tool. Help will be appreciate.

Thanks and Regards

Suresh Dewasi

Five Stars

Re: How to archive(Move) data from postgres(Postgres 9.3) database to SQL database using TOS Data integration Tool(7.x)

Hi All ,

Please guide on the below scenario.

Regards

Suresh

Re: How to archive(Move) data from postgres(Postgres 9.3) database to SQL database using TOS Data integration Tool(7.x)

Hello Suresh,

Are your table column schema same?

If we understand your requirement very well, the job design should be:

tPostgresqlConnection

| onsubjobok

tPostgresqlInput-->further processing(data transformation)-->DBoutput

|onsubjobok                 \onsubjoberror

tPostgresqlRow(Delete statment)               \ tSendmail(job failed)

Let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Thanks Sabrina.
I will try it and will inform you.

Hello,

Don't hesitate to post your issue here.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,

Can you post screenshot of connected component , so it will be easy to understand.

I have attached my problem scenario. I have same number of tables and column in target database(sql database) as source database(postgres) have.

Problem_Scenario.PNG