Six Stars JGM
Six Stars

How to add a new template to standalone job export?

Hi Talend People!

I've been working to "dockerize" our entire ETL stack and recently, I've added a dockerfile to our build process. The way I did this is pretty simple:

I added a new file definition in the maven settings inside project properties:

image.png

I then placed a dockerfile template in the /workspace/.Java/src/main/templates directory and added appropriate params:

image.png

This all works perfectly. 

Currently, I just configure maven to grab the dockerfile template from a separate directory on the build slave, but I'd like to fully automate the process if possible. 

The question I have for you smart people is how can I add this dockerfile template to the studio in such a way that it will be automatically added to the commandline-workspace?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to add a new template to standalone job export?

Hello,

Sorry for delay!

About the extra templates, so far there is no places to config in studio currently. You have to put the templates files to the right place manually, and add the settings of assembly template in the project settings.
Could you try to set the absolute path in assembly please, and then put the templates to any places to see if it is OK with you?
Best regards
Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
2 REPLIES

Hello,

We have redirected your issue to our DI experts and then come back to you as soon as we can.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Hello,

Sorry for delay!

About the extra templates, so far there is no places to config in studio currently. You have to put the templates files to the right place manually, and add the settings of assembly template in the project settings.
Could you try to set the absolute path in assembly please, and then put the templates to any places to see if it is OK with you?
Best regards
Sabrina

--