One Star

How to access my Salesforce Sandbox?

I can access my production Salesforce account with Talend just fine, using tSalesforceInput and the default URL that comes with the connector: "https://login.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/25.0". This works and lets me retrieve data, but this connects to my production account.
I have a sandbox, and I can log into my sandbox in SF itself. How can I use Talend to connect to my sandbox?
17 REPLIES
Four Stars

Re: How to access my Salesforce Sandbox?

SandBox provides APIs... do you have those?
vaibhav
One Star

The tSalesforceInput connector has a default URL that connects to the production Salesforce data via whatever API Salesforce provides that lets the connection go through. I don't need anything other then that to get to production data. Drop a tSalesforceInput and a logging thing (forget what they are called) and I can access my production data.
How is connecting to the sandbox any different? The only difference I know of is when I did this a few years ago was that the URL the tSalesforceInput uses to connect to the sandbox is different from the production SF, but where would I find this?
Four Stars

Hi,
I am not a salesforce user/developer, but used lots of APIs, whether following documentation is not for your help?
http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/implementation_considerations.htm
vaibhav
Five Stars

I don't have access to the documentation right now to tell you but the developer sandbox is definitely a different URL
One Star

Thank you everyone. The documentation linked to above (which I've never seen before) shows the URL for the sandbox. I'll try it tonight and see how it works.
One Star

Hi there,
I want to make a Sandbox Salesforce connection using Talend, I am using:
Web URL: 
UserName: ******
Password: ******
I tried using /c/ and /u/
The error I am getting is:
Connection failure. You must change the connection settings.
  org.apache.axis2.databinding.ADBException: Unexpected subelement {urn:fault.partner.soap.sforce.com}upgradeURL
Please help me out with this.
One Star

Hi,
Use this URL to connect to a sandbox "https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/" and this one for Production "https://login.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/".
Thats'all.
Regards,
TRF
One Star

Hi TRF,
I am getting this error:
  Invalid Api version specified on URL : /u/
One Star

Can you post the full URL you are trying to use? You will find it in the advanced setting in the connection.
One Star

Hi there,
The Web URL I am using is:
One Star

Hi there,
One Star

Hi there,
One Star

One Star

Hi All,
Even I'm facing the same issue, below is the error message:
 org.apache.axis2.databinding.ADBException: Unexpected subelement {urn:fault.partner.soap.sforce.com}upgradeURL
can anyone please assist on this?
URL used: 
Regards,
Vidya
One Star

Was this resolved? I have tried all the sandbox URLs I could find out there but i still get the error 
Please can someone help?
Thanks
Ravi
Four Stars

For this issue connecting to Test Salesforce, need to ensure you have Studio running on Java version 8.  We had same issue, upgraded from v7 to latest v8 and it solved the issue.

One Star

For this issue connecting to Test Salesforce, need to ensure you have Studio running on Java version 8.  We had same issue, upgraded from v7 to latest v8 and it solved the issue.

thank you so much ! It works for me