How to Update multiple rows i.e. SubIds of a particular Id with same Lookup value which matches with only one subId

Highlighted
Four Stars

How to Update multiple rows i.e. SubIds of a particular Id with same Lookup value which matches with only one subId

My file 'x' has Different Ids coming in, and for each Id there can be 1 or more subIds. I need to update the name column in my file 'x' using lookup file 'y' based on y.subId=x.subId. But there is only one subId in each Id that will match the lookup. so every subId's name should be populated with the same lookup value for one particular Id.

All the Ids having 1 as value should update name as John. and so on

Highlighted
Four Stars

Re: How to Update multiple rows i.e. SubIds of a particular Id with same Lookup value which matches with only one subId

I have tried using Tmap. But couldn't do it. Pls help me find a way to achieve this

Tags (1)
Employee

Re: How to Update multiple rows i.e. SubIds of a particular Id with same Lookup value which matches with only one subId

Hi,

Most probably you must be using Unique match in tmap join condition. Could you please change it to All matches and see the result set.

If required, please also select Inner join instead of Left Outer join. But this condition is optional and it will be based on your specific use case.

image.png

If the answer has helped you, could you please mark the topic as resolved? Kudos are also welcome :-)

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog