One Star

How to UnArchive the 7z format Zipped File in Talend

Hi Folks,
Here I am trying to Unzip the zipped file which was in 7z format. Could any one suggest me how to handle this scenario. I have tried using the tFileUnArchive Component and defined the SourceFile path which need's to be unzipped and the Target path of the Directory where the resultant Unzipped file to be placed. But it's throwing an Error in Console. Even I tried Using the tsystem Component to run this logic with Unix Command's.The Logic is shown below as follows.
                 "cmd /c 7z e "+((String)globalMap.get("FilePath"))+" context.Local_Dir"
But in these two scenario's I came with Empty hands. Could anyone guide me how to fix this Issue in Talend (Iam using Talend 5.5).
2 REPLIES

Re: How to UnArchive the 7z format Zipped File in Talend

Hi,
Even I tried Using the tsystem Component to run this logic with Unix Command's.The Logic is shown below as follows.
                 "cmd /c 7z e "+((String)globalMap.get("FilePath"))+" context.Local_Dir" 

Could you please use tSystem component to unzip your 7z file directly without using any context value to see if it works?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars skh
Six Stars

Re: How to UnArchive the 7z format Zipped File in Talend

Hi Sabrina,
I have used the Command directly in the tSystem Component, but it's returning an Error like "ERROR: Unsupported Method : WEEK24.dat".
Thanks,
Hameed