Five Stars

How to Talend Integration, how to kill/break the current job with customized exception information?

Hi All Dears,

As my Subject, Talend Integration, how to kill/break the current job with customized exception information?

User needs that if no data coming in source (e.g. tFileInput...), then kill/break the current job with customized exception information.

Suggest that it's better we could have the "Option" on the similar "xxxInput" components, if "Empty/No Data" then "Generate the error", it will be very useful in some scenario.

Thank you.

Regards,

Peter.

• Data Integration
4 REPLIES
Four Stars

Re: How to Talend Integration, how to kill/break the current job with customized exception information?

Try putting a tFileRowCount in front of you tFileInput... then put an IF > 0 to your regular flow or an If == 0 for you execption flow

Five Stars

Re: How to Talend Integration, how to kill/break the current job with customized exception information?

Thank you. Yes, I could use the method to get the file count, this is no problem, but my problem is that how to kill/break the current job with Customized Exception Information when "Empty", not make job failed simply (I could do one Trap, but can't get the correct Exception Info), I need the job failed with Customized Exception Information, thank you. Smiley Happy
Four Stars

I am not sure what you are exactly looking for, perhaps this helps:

1. use a tDie and customize the error message

2. Add a tLogCatcher to create an error flow

Five Stars

Yeah, thank you, the tDie could satisfy the Customize Exception Info, thank you.