Five Stars

How to Re compile Exported job and regenerate java code

Hi
I am using some components experiments for dynamic schema there i have to make some changes in column names that i am able to do it. but question is how to regenerate java code without using Talend Open studio IDE. or
Trunjob will work
Please suggest.
7 REPLIES

Re: How to Re compile Exported job and regenerate java code

Hi,
We can satisfy your needs in Talend Enterprise Studio 5.2.0. It is a new feature added into TIS products after the publication of 5.2.
1. Right click the job you want to export, and choose "Export job" item.
2. In the "Export job" window, check the box ?Add build script? and choose "Maven"option.
Customers can compile the job through maven script, such as, pom.xml
See pic for detail
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

That means we don`t have any option doing this using open studio. if you suggest is there any alternative way to build the job our side the Talend Open Studio? using command line or some thing like that we done with normal java code?
please suggest?

Hi,
using command line or some thing like that we done with normal java code

If so, when you export job, it will be with source code. You need do it by yourself. Unfortunately, there is no way to do this by using open studio.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

I installed new version of Talend (6.1.1). When I run the job from studio, I do see the following files generated

pom.xml
pom_routines.xml
pom_<JOb_NAME>_<JOb_VERSION>.xml
Using these files, I could able to compile my source files. Is there any way to generate .java file from .item files? (As studio generates when we click 'Run' button).
One Star

On version 6.2 I don't have the option to add maven build script

Hi Shane1181,
since version 6.0.0, Talend Studio integrates with Maven.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Six Stars

I don't know if this helps, but you can export the java code generated in TOS for the last item you built:

Menu : File > Export Item
Select General > Archive
Select .JAVA
It will produce a zip file with a .JAVA directory inside containing the src and target of the last job you built using the TOS GUI. Unfortunately, TOS doesn't have a commandline.