How to Generate file at Remote location

One Star chp
One Star

How to Generate file at Remote location

Hi,
I am using Talend 5.6.1v. We are connecting talend on remote server(Windows) and requirement is to generate file at some other server which is linux server.
Is it possible to generate file from Windows to linux server. I am using below code to generate file.
                       oncomponent ok
tFtpconnection_1----------------------->Rowgenerator_1->tFileOutputDelimited_1.
Code is showing 20 rows generated but no file is generated on remote server although I have all access.
and on changing file path sometimes getting "escape character error" or "network path not found error".
Whether file generation is possible in these scenario if yes how to give file path. I am already connecting to remote server using tFtpConnection. Please suggest, I have attached screenshot of code.

Sixteen Stars

Re: How to Generate file at Remote location

Your path is a relative path. It is relative to where the job is run from. This will not work. You will need to give the full absolute path of the location you want to generate the file. However, this is prone to issues if you have network issues during generation. To get round this you can generate it locally and then move it to wherever you want afterwards. Doing it that way means that you network access can also be tied down a lot more. For example, you can generate locally and then ftp it to another more secure location.
One Star chp
One Star

Hi,
Thanks for responding quickly and also for providing alternate solution . I tried to below options for absolute path 
"//10.1.1.1/username/output/out.csv"
"////10.1.1.1//username//output//out.csv"
"/"+"/"+"10.1.1.1"+"/"+"username"+"/"+"output"+"/"+"out.csv"
But it is not working. One more query is once connection is created  using tFTPConnection why we require absolute path.Also when it is showing successful job execution it is creating file on local machine.
Sixteen Stars

Can you create a local share location to the remote folder? That would solve this issue.
The tFTPConnection component must be used with the tFTP{ftp command} components. You cannot just generate a file with the tFTPConnection. You would need to generate it locally and use the tFTPPut component to PUT it in the remote location.
Four Stars RSH
Four Stars

Hi,
I am also having same problem.
I have windows remote and then linux box for talend.
I have generated some files in C:tos/talend_workspace/ABC.txt but it comes in /home/username/C:tos/talend_workspace/ABC.txt
Requirement: I want to check file ABC.txt present in same path, so I am using tfileList. But I am unable to provide path.
Can you please let me know how to give path in tfilelist.
I used :/home/username/C:tos/talend_workspace/ABC.txt--> its not working..
Please guide.
Four Stars RSH
Four Stars

Any suggestion please..