One Star

How to Create tFileOutputExcel Component.

Hi all!
I want to load data from mySQL to Excel file (available template) using tMap Component .
I created file in "File Excel" but default it is tFileInputExcel Smiley Sad.
So, How to creat tFileOutputExcel from available template ?
Thank everybody Smiley Happy .
8 REPLIES

Re: How to Create tFileOutputExcel Component.

Hi, linh_060
Because your requirement is not very full, so we have designed a demo job for you. tMysqlinput-->tmap-->tFileoutputExcel.
Make a DB connnection from Metadata in Respository in stead of -tFileInputExcel.
See pic
Best Regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi, linh_060
Because your requirement is not very full, so we have designed a demo job for you. tMysqlinput-->tmap-->tFileoutputExcel.
Make a DB connnection from Metadata in Respository in stead of -tFileInputExcel.
See pic
Best Regards
Sabrina

Thank Sabrina!
I understand your demo. But I don't know how to create tFileOutputExcel:
I have a excel file (name is test.xlsx).
I want to load data from mySQL into test.xlsx
So, How to create tFileOutputExcel from test.xlsx ?

Hi,
I can not understand your requirement very well. In the tFileOutputExcel
tMysqlinput-->tmap-->tFileoutputExcel.

, there are some data loading from Mysql, why do you want to create another tFileOutputExcel ? You can just change the path of file name into your "test.xlsx". Perhaps i make disunderstanding your meaning, if it is, please correct me, and thanks for your precious time.
See pics
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
I can not understand your requirement very well. In the tFileOutputExcel
tMysqlinput-->tmap-->tFileoutputExcel.

, there are some data loading from Mysql, why do you want to create another tFileOutputExcel ? You can just change the path of file name into your "test.xlsx". Perhaps i make disunderstanding your meaning, if it is, please correct me, and thanks for your precious time.
See pics
Best regards
Sabrina

Hi Sabrina !
I want to create another tFileOutputExcel because:
I need to load data from mySQL into template excel file (in this excel file had images, Title, ...). And this template excel file is available (example is test.xlsx).
How to do it?
Thanks for your help!
One Star

1) In talend on right handside under palette u will find tfileoutputexcel.
2) drag that file in you job.
3) under compenent u will find Filename having filebrowsing option, you give your file path(i.e test.xlsx) under that.
i hope your problem will resolve by doing this for further assistance u can show ur job image that we can understand ur problem better.
Thanks
One Star

I do not think so, and also do not want to understand.
Seventeen Stars

Try the component tFileExcelSheetOutput (in conjunction with tFileExcelWorkbookOpen). I have created this components for exactly your kind of use case: fill data into a sheet using a template.
The tFileExcelWorkbookOpen opens an existing excel file (xls or xlsx will automatically detected) and with the tFileExcelSheetOutput component you fill the data where you want.
Please keep in mind that running macros are not possible (only in Excel them self).
You can get these components from Talend Exchange.
One Star

Hi,
If you wanted to load the data in to your already existing excel file (fixed template), you can use the following steps:
1) Create the flow tMSSqlInput--tMap--tFileOutputExcel
2) Double Click tFileOutputExel
3) Browse the location where your Excel is already present (In the File Input box)
4) Check in the Append Existing File & Sheet as marked red in the attached snapshot
5) This option will only append the new incoming data & won't change your existing template of your excel sheet
Best Regards,
Mayur