How to Convert all uppercase letters (after the first letter) in an expression to lowercase.

Six Stars

How to Convert all uppercase letters (after the first letter) in an expression to lowercase.

Hi,

My input data contains all uppercase letters. I would like convert all uppercase letters (after the first letter) in an expression to lowercase. Example: The column lastname is SMITH, I would like to convert it to: Smith.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Re: How to Convert all uppercase letters (after the first letter) in an expression to lowercase.

Hi,
Many ways to do that.
For example:
row1.yourString.substring(0,1).toUpperCase()+row1.yourString.substring(1).toLowerCase()

TRF

All Replies
Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Re: How to Convert all uppercase letters (after the first letter) in an expression to lowercase.

Hi,
Many ways to do that.
For example:
row1.yourString.substring(0,1).toUpperCase()+row1.yourString.substring(1).toLowerCase()

TRF
Six Stars

That Works!!!!
Thank's TRF!!!!!
Six Stars

TRF,

How would you do this for an address column which has the street address and street name in the same column?

example: 2788 CAPITAL MEDICAL BLVD

Would like the result to look like: 2788 Capital Medical Blvd

Thanks

Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Six Stars

I went to the link and don't see how to code that in the t-Map.

Help!

Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

@profuse as this is not the same quastion, please open a new topic

TRF