Five Stars

How to Convert Csv file to Excel

Hello,

I have a requirement wherein I have to convert CSV file to Excel (.xlsx). The file is getting converted but with incorrect data. 

Example, If in InputFile i.e CSV there is a row which contains a comma(,) then while loading the data in Excel file comma(,) is removed. 

I want data of csv as it is in excel file including all special characters/symbols.

I am using Talend Data Fabric 6.3.1 & Java 8 . Kindly check attached images of my job design. 

Job Design.jpgJob DesigntFileInputDelimited_basicsetings.jpgtFileInputBasicSettingstFileInputDelimited_Advsetings.jpgtFileInputAdvSettingstFileOutPutExcelSettings.jpgtFileOutPutExcelSettings

Source(CSV)FileData.jpgSourceFileDataOutPut(xlsx)FileData.jpgOutPut(xlsx)FileData

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleven Stars

Re: How to Convert Csv file to Excel

@Vikas,you should get data for each and every coulmn in " " then you will not face any issue.if you have same delimiter as part of column value,you will not extract as per your requirement.

i am just showing,this will be help to you to understand.

Input data:-

col1,col2
"Hello"|"ABC"
"aass"|"CDF|AC"

Untitled.pngUntitled.png

Manohar B
4 REPLIES
Eleven Stars

@Vikas,you should get data for each and every coulmn in " " then you will not face any issue.if you have same delimiter as part of column value,you will not extract as per your requirement.

i am just showing,this will be help to you to understand.

Input data:-

col1,col2
"Hello"|"ABC"
"aass"|"CDF|AC"

Untitled.pngUntitled.png

Manohar B
Eleven Stars

@Vikas,still do you have the issue.

Manohar B
Eleven Stars

@Vikas,other way you can check Advanced sepaaUntitled.pngrtor.

Manohar B
Five Stars

Thanks, @Manohar Escape char and Text enclosure settings solved the problem.