How to Configure SLL in Talend Open Studio

Six Stars skh
Six Stars

How to Configure SLL in Talend Open Studio

Hi Guys,

I am facing connection Reset , java.security.ProviderException, fatal Error Exceptions while executing the ETL Job in Production Environment.But its working fine in my local System.

I have used tJava Components as per my business logic where I will connect to the Particular Website and scrap the contents of the website.For few websites am getting the above mentioned alerts. How to get rid of those Errors while scrapping the website. As per my knowledge I think the Server is not allowing the SSL - certifications, Kindly guide me how to configure the SSL - Certificate inside the Talend Design.

Thanks,

Hameed

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars skh
Six Stars

Re: How to Configure SLL in Talend Open Studio

Thanks for your reply,

I am using Talend Open Studio for Data Integration (6.3.0).

I designed an ETL Job whose functionality is to check the availability of some urls in provided list of websites.

For this I am creating HTTP Connections to open the website and then checking the availability of my urls. When I tried to run it in the server its returning Connection Reset , java.security.ProviderException, handshake Exceptions for few Govt website Urls.

Sample Code :

try
{
                URL url = new URL(((String)globalMap.get("row1.url")));
                System.out.println("***********************************");
                System.out.println("Checking for State URL Connection Status: ");
                System.setProperty("https.protocols", "TLSv1.2");
                HttpURLConnection con = (HttpURLConnection) url.openConnection();
                con.connect();
                Flag = con.getResponseCode();
                System.out.println(url+" : Current Status : "+Flag);

//* get redirect url from "location" header field
                rUrl = con.getHeaderField("Location");
                System.out.println("Redirect to URL : " + rUrl);
                Thread.sleep(10000);
                con.disconnect();
}
catch (Exception e)
{
        System.out.println("Exception Occured while Checking State URL...");
}

Thanks In Advance,

Hameed.

All Replies
Four Stars

Try executing the ETL job again without SSL this time and see if the error still persist.

Arjun Dixit
Showbox Mobdro Tutuapp
Six Stars skh
Six Stars

Thanks for your reply,

In my case I am creating HttpConnection for each website before parsing the contents which requires SSL/TLS get validated.

After setting the "https.protocols" to "TLSv1.2", I get rid of Connection reset Errors. But still there are few more Errors "java.security.ProviderException" & sun.security.validator Errors are occuring.

Any Idea on these above will be helpful. Can we set more than on protocols like "TLSv1","TLSv1.1" & "TLSv1.2" will it accept this.

Which Property I need to set for to get rid of the above 2-mentioned Errors in Talend.

Thanks,

Hameed

Six Stars skh
Six Stars

Folks,

Any help on this will be appreciable. Updating the Java from jdk1.7 to jdk 1.8 will solve this problem?

Updating the OpenSSL to latest version will help on this..?

Thanks,

Hameed

Hello,

Are you using talend open studio for data integration or ESB? Usually, we use tSetKeyStore component to achieve SSL transport mechanism.

Could you please give us more information about your current situation?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars skh
Six Stars

Thanks for your reply,

I am using Talend Open Studio for Data Integration (6.3.0).

I designed an ETL Job whose functionality is to check the availability of some urls in provided list of websites.

For this I am creating HTTP Connections to open the website and then checking the availability of my urls. When I tried to run it in the server its returning Connection Reset , java.security.ProviderException, handshake Exceptions for few Govt website Urls.

Sample Code :

try
{
                URL url = new URL(((String)globalMap.get("row1.url")));
                System.out.println("***********************************");
                System.out.println("Checking for State URL Connection Status: ");
                System.setProperty("https.protocols", "TLSv1.2");
                HttpURLConnection con = (HttpURLConnection) url.openConnection();
                con.connect();
                Flag = con.getResponseCode();
                System.out.println(url+" : Current Status : "+Flag);

//* get redirect url from "location" header field
                rUrl = con.getHeaderField("Location");
                System.out.println("Redirect to URL : " + rUrl);
                Thread.sleep(10000);
                con.disconnect();
}
catch (Exception e)
{
        System.out.println("Exception Occured while Checking State URL...");
}

Thanks In Advance,

Hameed.

One Star

Hey hi Thanks !

Have a go at executing the ETL work again without SSL this time and check whether the blunder still hold on.

One Star

People,

Any assistance on this will be calculable. Refreshing the Java from jdk1.7 to jdk 1.8 will tackle this issue?

Refreshing the OpenSSL to most recent form will help on this..?

Regards,

peterhean