How to Allocate more RAM to Talend Studio - Failed to create JVM

One Star

How to Allocate more RAM to Talend Studio - Failed to create JVM

I had 8GB RAM in my laptop but Talend was going pretty slowly for me. I just upgraded to 16GB ram and have tons of free memory, just waiting for Talend to consume it:

I opened up the Talend-Studio-win32-x86.ini file and attempted to change the -Xms and -Xmx params to 2000m and 3000m, respectively, but received the "Failed to create the Java Virtual Machine." upon trying to open the Talend Studio.
After some fiddling, I got the configuration file to accept the following (which is the max the params can go -- 1 more MB allocated results in the failed to create JVM error):
-vmargs
-Xms771m
-Xmx883m
-XX:MaxPermSize=280m
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

I would really like to allocate as much RAM as possible to the Talend Studio as it is pretty slow, and now that I have 16GB RAM on my laptop I am able to allocate 5-6GB easily.
How may I do so?

Re: How to Allocate more RAM to Talend Studio - Failed to create JVM

Hi,
Have you checked solution in document TalendHelpCenter:Exception Could not reserve enough space for object heap?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seventeen Stars

hi,
try to change in your .ini file 

-Xmx2048m

it's enought I think.
regards
laurent
Four Stars

Hi,
Have you checked about what is the maximum RAM supported by your JVM through command line?
Vaibhav

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch