How to Access the Facebook Insights API with Talend?

One Star

Hi Friends,
I am new to Talend. My question is
Can we integrate this Talend into php? If yes then how?
Please help me.
Community Manager

Re: How to Access the Facebook Insights API with Talend?

Hi
As I known, the Facebook API is written in Java, and Talend build a Java environment.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hello, this is a pretty old post, anyhow I released yesterday a component to access Insights api (for facebook applications).

The problem with other targets is not the Insights / graph API, but the OAuth authentication required to access them.
OAuth is not really the best solution for a server application I think, but I am trying to figure out if I can find some viable solutions.
Any idea?
Employee

Hi saburo,
Very nice component to retrieve Insights on Facebook!
Here's the direct link to the Exchange for our other forum members: http://www.talendforge.org/exchange/?eid=406&product=tos&action=view&nav=1,1,1
Best,
Pcoffre.
One Star

I know this is a really old thread, but it there any way to get at FB Insights data from Talend?  I have installed the component and I am getting an error (both in my job and the sample project job) of....
connecting to socket on port 4068
connected
Facebook access token received
Exception in component tFBAppData_1
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.powerup.webservice.FbAppData.appQuery(Unknown Source)
at 
Thanks in advance..
Five Stars ami
Five Stars

Hello, this is a pretty old post, anyhow I released yesterday a component to access Insights api (for facebook applications).

The problem with other targets is not the Insights / graph API, but the OAuth authentication required to access them.
OAuth is not really the best solution for a server application I think, but I am trying to figure out if I can find some viable solutions.
Any idea?

Dear Saburo,
Thanks for this , i want to send messages to FB from Talend ,
One of my requirement is that the mail which is generated , that generated mail has 4 lines , i want to send this 4 lines to FB messanger.
Can you please suggest?
Your inputs are valuable
Thanks
Amit
Five Stars ami
Five Stars

Hi saburo,
Very nice component to retrieve Insights on Facebook!
Here's the direct link to the Exchange for our other forum members: http://www.talendforge.org/exchange/?eid=406&product=tos&action=view&nav=1,1,1
Best,
Pcoffre.

Dear Pcoffre,
 i want to send messages to FB from Talend ,
One of my requirement is that the mail which is generated , that generated mail has 4 lines , i want to send this 4 lines to FB messanger.
Can you please suggest?
Your inputs are valuable
Thanks
Amit