How is expected to work tWaitForSqlData?

Four Stars

How is expected to work tWaitForSqlData?

We are using the mentioned component for trigerring a subjob, however I have some difficulties in understanding the part of "Trigger action" (two actions available - continue loop, end loop).
First thing is that when changing the field from "continue loop" to "break loop" there are no changes that applies for this action in the source code. The second confusing part is the continue statement in code view which ends the current iteration and does not continue the loop like it is described in the component. Is this a design choice or a bug?
example: tWaitForSqlData job in demo examples
Community Manager

Re: How is expected to work tWaitForSqlData?

Hi
Which version are you using? I tested this component on V5.2.0 and found the the same problem, if I select 'exit loop' option, the job do not stop after the trigger action is fired. Can you please report an issue in data integration project in our bugtracker? and post the issue link here for us to follow the issue easily.
Thank you!
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Four Stars

Hi mertez,
Thanks for your contribution, our component developers are working on it.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Employee

The code changes if you switch from Continue Loop to Exit Loop. Please look at the end part of the javajet.
Regards,
Four Stars

Rdubois you were right, I have overlooked the ending statements.
But can you explain a little bit more about the ending condition for triggering a subjob? Assume we are having 3 rows on which we want to do some calculation in the triggered subjob. Rows comes into the table at random times. We finish triggering the subjob calculation when the third row arrives in the table, but we want that the calculation on this row is carried out too.
Above description translates that the triggering is happening where rowcount != 3. Talend in this configuration does not trigger the calculation for the last arrived row but just exit from the loop (see the picture trigger_not_equal).
I have overcome the problem with adding additional condition in the field "Max iteration" (second picture) so the trigger now stops after it has done one additional step for the arrived row. If it met the condition at the beggining of the job it will trigger the subjob once.

Probably the component works fine for most of cases, however in our it left out one calculation.

(Red arrows shows the time when the third row came into the table)