How do I backup/recover my TOS development files, jobs, etc to SVN?

One Star

How do I backup/recover my TOS development files, jobs, etc to SVN?

Hi.
First, let me be clear: I don't need to "share" a project via SVN with other developers.
I do need to "backup" all necessary files into SVN in order to "check in" changes so that I can later "check out", make mods, and roll back, if necessary.
What is the best way to go about doing this? (I don't mind creating a manual script, if necessary, that pulls from svn, then overwrites files in TOS while it's shut down).
caveat: I've seen some threads about some type of "on-demand" solutions for this, but that's not going to work as these are sensitive projects for government clients and we can't put source out on some server hosted by someone else.

Thanks in advance,
Eric.
Employee

Re: How do I backup/recover my TOS development files, jobs, etc to SVN?

If you need to "share" your project with other developers, the best answer is the "shared repository" (database or recommended SVN) available in Talend Integration Suite, that is available as a subscription. Talend Integration Suite is not "on demand", ie is not hosted anywhere. You host your own repository backend on your network.
One Star

OK,
Here goes:
Per my previous post, I don't want to "share" a project with other developers - each developer will be working on a single project, from a separate workspace on his or her computer, so that's not an issue.
My big question is: what files, etc. do I need to "backup" so that, if my OS blows up, I can "recreate" my TOS projects and/or "rollback" to a previous version of a job?
Is the company line "buy the subscription service", or is there an answer to the question about what to backup so jobs and the dev environment can be re-created?

Thanks, Eric.
Employee

Sorry holsinger, I had read I do need to "share" [..., and obviously it makes my answer sound weird.
If you don't need to share work between developers, you can backup the "workspace" directory (with a versionning tool like Subversion or CVS).
Further reading on tag "subversion"
One Star

OK,
But the workspace dir is 116MB+ with over 5000 files!
Is there no way to know which files in that workspace are unique to a job? I think that much data would quickly bring svn to it's knees after you get a few projects into it (in seperate workspaces).
Thanks, Eric.
One Star

Just to ad to holsinger's question,
I don't want to confuse the question, but I'm wondering why you can't just run TOS (the open source product) along with svn (also open source) in a shared-developer environment. Am I missing something? Why can't this be done? Is it as simple as Talend wants to sell subscriptions so the company by-line is "use TIS for that", or is there something that TIS offers for a shared development environment that TOS does NOT? Again, I fully understand that TIS is a great product and offers many more options than TOS, but my question is exclusively for a multi-user shared environment.
Thanks,