How can we read a unstructured data in talend

One Star

How can we read a unstructured data in talend

I am trying to read a file which is unstructured data and transfer it in to a excel file 

this the file i have and iam trying to read it using inputdilimeted component but i dont get the data arranged properly 

Re: How can we read a unstructured data in talend

Hi,
What does your output look like? Could you please elaborate your case with an example with expected output values?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

This the schema i want get the out put in a csv format 

expected out values will be 
this how i need to map the values

Hi,
Could you please try to use  tFileInputMSPositional component for your job requirement?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
My post has disapearred but that's what I suggested.
Define the Header Field Position as "0-1" and you'll get all records regarding to their code.
Then add a sequence number and merge the result at the end, group by sequence number and you should retrieve what you expect.
Regards,
TRF
One Star

Hi 
I have simillar requirement as given by this person. But Could not understand your solution in detail.Could you please elobrate more ? 
As this person, my case also has Billing details in unstructured form , and i wanted to load them in the target table.
My source is as follows
Bill # : 1111
Bill Date : 1/1/2017
Bill amount : $11.11
Auth Code : Abc
----------------------- end of the File
Bill # : 2222
Bill Date : 2/1/2017
Bill amount : $22.22
Auth Code : XYZ
Like wise, I have millions of records and my TARGET table should be like the below
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill   | Bill Date | Bill Amount | Auth Code
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
111  | 1/1/2017 | 11.11         |ABC
222  | 2/1/2017 | 22.22         |XYZ
Can you please let me know which components needs to be used for this and how can I solve this ?
Thanks 
Sudipto
Twelve Stars

Hi 
I have simillar requirement as given by this person. But Could not understand your solution in detail.Could you please elobrate more ? 
As this person, my case also has Billing details in unstructured form , and i wanted to load them in the target table.
My source is as follows
Bill # : 1111
Bill Date : 1/1/2017
Bill amount : $11.11
Auth Code : Abc
Bill # : 2222
Bill Date : 2/1/2017
Bill amount : $22.22
Auth Code : XYZ
Like wise, I have millions of records and my TARGET table should be like the below
Bill   | Bill Date | Bill Amount | Auth Code
111  | 1/1/2017 | 11.11         |ABC
222  | 2/1/2017 | 22.22         |XYZ
Can you please let me know which components needs to be used for this and how can I solve this ?
Thanks 
Sudipto

if structure - as described (stable, fixed) it simple
iterate over files and filter by substring to 4 (as in example destination)
1 - filter by Bill
2 - filter by Bill Date
3 - filter by Bill Amount
4 - filter by Auth Code 
in each destination add column line number - You can use for this 4 independent Talend Sequence function
if some lines could be missed - for example only 3 rows for operation, parse this situation and write empty row
and on next step JOIN all files by line number - result file will be as expected
-----------
One Star

I have similar requirement. What if I have multiple transaction details in on file. how to transform that to a structured format?