How can we intercept message posted on Talend esb soap and rest web service.

Highlighted
Four Stars

How can we intercept message posted on Talend esb soap and rest web service.

I have several REST services and Web services. I would like to intercept all requests to all services. My purpose is trying to calculate the rate of requesting to a specific services from a source or an IP address for example. If a same user or client app requests an operation of a service  too often than allow, then the request will be rejected.

Anyone has any idea?

Four Stars

Re: How can we intercept message posted on Talend esb soap and rest web service.

I am thinking about having a custom filter in Jetty.xml. Is this sound right? How about pax-web? 

Seven Stars

Re: How can we intercept message posted on Talend esb soap and rest web service.

You have cThrottler that could be a workaround for what you want to do.

You can also store some stats in a DB or a static java object (but that will only exist in its route and not the others)

You can use Hazelcast to share java data among routes.

Four Stars

Thank for the reply. I already looked at cThroller, but it does not meet my need. I need a system wise intercept to all requests to route REST service and web service per user. I think the custom jetty handler will do the job, but I have not successfully create my custom handler jar file to load correctly. My handler extends the HandlerWrapper ( as it similar to the built-in IPAccessHandler of Jetty, but I have hard time to make my jar load correctly and I think it is some thing to due with maven build which I have not work with it before.