How can add extra jdbc settings to a MySQL connection?

One Star

How can add extra jdbc settings to a MySQL connection?

The environment that I am using is:

TOS 4.0.2 rev 43696
jdk1.6

I am experiencing sometimes a::::
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure
I am trying to add things like: testOnBorrow=true;testOnReturn=false;testWhileIdle=true
I tried to add it to the Additional JDBC Parameters but I got an error. Any idea how can I do it? Any help will be appreciated.
One Star

Re: How can add extra jdbc settings to a MySQL connection?

Is it possible then to add the extra parameters in talend?
One Star

The com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure happen like I said in different jobs. In some runs, it doesn't happen other times it does. I think most of the times it happens when using the tMysqlRow.
One Star

You can add them with an & as a delimeter for the Additional JDBC Parameters
testOnBorrow=true&testOnReturn=false&testWhileIdle=true
One Star

hi gustavof,
In some runs, it doesn't happen other times it does ...

I think it's the right question Smiley Happy
What are the difference(s) between those working and the other one(s).
You can also create a metadata connection , test it before store it in the metadata db repository and use a tmysqlconnection at the start of your job (as a pre-job) .
Retrieve yours schema after that ...
Is it possible then to add the extra parameters in talend?

add parameters you need when you create your metadata connection (@screenshot) !
hope it help
regards
laurent
One Star

Hi ,
Im trying to setup db connection to vertica database (version 7.0) from talend 5.5 by passing additional JDBC parameters.
I created a meta data connection as showed in the first image and connection is successfully made .. but when i edit that meta data connection again it is not showing additional JDBC parameters as showd in the second image ...
Please suggest any thing to be modified ....