One Star

How can I find the list of globalMap.get() for components?

Looks like globalMap.get() is pretty powerful. I would like to be able to find out what I can retreive, etc by using it in my code. Also, how do I know what names are to be used in a component, that I can use in globalMap?
For example:
globalMap.get("tFilterRow_1_NB_LINE_REJECT")
That gets me the count of rejected rows - very useful. However, I found that on a post, and did not build that myself.
thanks,
Dave
2 REPLIES
Six Stars

Re: How can I find the list of globalMap.get() for components?

In the 'Outline' pane in the bottom-left corner of the studio, you will see a list of all components. Expanding that list shows the variables available from the components. They are in the globalMap (COMPONENT_INSTANCE_VARNAME format) Using CNTRL-SPACE from any input field in the IDE will show you available variables from the global map also, double clicking the variable will write the java call for you.
One Star

Re: How can I find the list of globalMap.get() for components?

In the 'Outline' pane in the bottom-left corner of the studio, you will see a list of all components. Expanding that list shows the variables available from the components. They are in the globalMap (COMPONENT_INSTANCE_VARNAME format) Using CNTRL-SPACE from any input field in the IDE will show you available variables from the global map also, double clicking the variable will write the java call for you.

The bottom left hand pane sounds great - I will look at that.
+ brings up a google dialog for me. Any place to remap the "hot" keys in Talend?
Dave