Four Stars

How can I create about 200 jobs to convert views to tables and copy all data?

Hello,

I have a Firebird database with about 200 different views. Some views are very very slow... I need to create tables with the same scheme and all data from the views.

So I created a test-job (tFirebirdInput -> tMap -> tFirebirdOutput) with the scheme of one view. To update my "view-table" I start a batch task for my job. Now my problem:

What is the easiest\fastest way to create jobs for all my views? The views contain different columns and I create new views every week\month, so I can't copy and change my test-job manually every time.

Can I create jobs via batch file and params to get something like "Connect to Firebird DB -> get View_Name_XY -> create Table with same scheme like view XY -> auto-map all colums -> copy all data from view to table"?

Or do I have to create all jobs manually in Talend Open Studio? Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: How can I create about 200 jobs to convert views to tables and copy all data?

Hi
You have to create all jobs to map each view/table manually because the schema of each view/table is different, and the schema must be defined at design time.

Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: How can I create about 200 jobs to convert views to tables and copy all data?

Hi
You have to create all jobs to map each view/table manually because the schema of each view/table is different, and the schema must be defined at design time.

Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Four Stars

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy