One Star

How To split EXCEL and DELIMTED FILES

Hi Everyone,
Am new to talend and i want to know how can i split a 1GB EXCEL and Delimited files into several output files.Is there any way to split if Yes How?

Thanks In Advance,
Sony
3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: How To split EXCEL and DELIMTED FILES

Hi
There is an option 'Split output in several files' in the advanced setting tab of tFileOutputDelimid. You can generate N rows in each file.
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

How split excel file into several files, I got 14 Lakhs records and excel contains only 10 Lakh records now i need to split 4 lakh to another file... please suggest my email is skp.bhupati@gmail.com
One Star

Hi,
As Shong has mentioned, you can use the 'Split output in several files' option in the Advanced Settings tab of the tFileOutputDelimited. This can ease the processing load, if you have a very large file. A setup may be:
tFileInputDelimited  --main-->  tFileOutputDelimited --on subjob ok--> tFileList --iterate-->  further processing (to DB, etc.)
 (your very large file)               (split file on every                                (loop through you
                                              100000 rows)                                       splitted files)
The tFileInputDelimited is meant for CSV files. There are similar components for Excel files.