Eight Stars

How JVM settings between Main Job and Sub Job Works?

Consider a scenario where my main job is left with default JVM settings -Xms:256, -Xmx-1024 and one of the sub job has its JVM settings like -Xms:1024, -Xmx-4096.

Note: I am not using use independent process to run sub job 

Now , my question is which settings will be considered while execution of  sub job begins. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thirteen Stars TRF
Thirteen Stars

Re: How JVM settings between Main Job and Sub Job Works?

Hi,
If you don't use the "use independent process to run subjob", child job runs in the same JVM as the parent. In this case child inherits parents JVM parameters.
If you use the "use independent process to run subjob", a new JVM is started to run child job with it's own parameters (defined in Advanced settings).

TRF
4 REPLIES
Seven Stars

Your job is packaged in a jar and executed using jvm setting of your main job... sub job ignored.

java has some additional tools which you can use to monitor your jvm. jconsole.exe

Look in your java /bin folder ... install jdk to have even more tools.

Four Stars

JVM is controlled by the parent job always ,So if main job will be having -Xms:256, -Xmx-1024 then the child will also be using same memory.

Eight Stars

@rhall_2_0 :: Can you confirm on this.. 

Thirteen Stars TRF
Thirteen Stars

Hi,
If you don't use the "use independent process to run subjob", child job runs in the same JVM as the parent. In this case child inherits parents JVM parameters.
If you use the "use independent process to run subjob", a new JVM is started to run child job with it's own parameters (defined in Advanced settings).

TRF