How I can move the csv files from existing folder and archive to differrent folder through Talend

Six Stars

How I can move the csv files from existing folder and archive to differrent folder through Talend

Hi Team,

I want to move the existing csv files from a folder to another folder and archive it.

Please suggest the design approach for the same.

I am using Talend open source.

Accepted Solutions
Seven Stars

Re: How I can move the csv files from existing folder and archive to differrent folder through Talend

@rohitatcs  If your requirement is to move all files of a folder to another folder in zip format then use tFileArchive, tFileList and tFileDelete.

Job.jpgJobtFileArchive.jpgtFileArchivetFileList.jpgtFileListtFileDelete.jpgtFileDelete

View solution in original post

All Replies
Seven Stars

Re: How I can move the csv files from existing folder and archive to differrent folder through Talend

Hello @rohitatcs 

Use tFileCopy component to move the CSV file from an existing folder to different folder which will create a zip file for the same file in your target folder.

tFileCopy.jpgtFileCopy

Six Stars

Thanks @Vikas , I will check on this and will update accordingly.

Six Stars

Hi @Vikas ,

It seems the source and destination path need file name.

But my requirement is to move all the files in particular folder to new folder and all get zipped.

So, our source directory will be always cleaned when the next process will run.

Kindly suggest based on attached screenshot.

error.JPGError

Seven Stars

@rohitatcs  If your requirement is to move all files of a folder to another folder in zip format then use tFileArchive, tFileList and tFileDelete.

Job.jpgJobtFileArchive.jpgtFileArchivetFileList.jpgtFileListtFileDelete.jpgtFileDelete

View solution in original post

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 3

Read about some useful Context Variable ideas