Five Stars

How Do I Catch Bad Rows?

Hi, 

I'm using a tMap component with a row that is defined by an expression. Does anyone know how I can catch rows that do not work in the expression? 

For example, I'm getting a java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException but I don't know the values that are causing this problem.

In Microsoft's SSIS you can just select an "error" output and redirect it to a spot where you can read it. You don't have to know ahead of time what the error will be, you can just redirect all errors. Does Talend have something similar?

Thanks,

Croix

• Data Integration
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nine Stars TRF
Nine Stars

Re: How Do I Catch Bad Rows?

You can only catch rows not matching filter or inner joins in tMap.
Exception cat be catched using tLogCatcher but not filtered and concerned rows redirected to a specific flow.
You have to consider java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException as a bug you have to correct or, if it is due to special data configurations, you must identify which configurations and manage these cases in the job.

TRF
2 REPLIES
Nine Stars TRF
Nine Stars

You can only catch rows not matching filter or inner joins in tMap.
Exception cat be catched using tLogCatcher but not filtered and concerned rows redirected to a specific flow.
You have to consider java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException as a bug you have to correct or, if it is due to special data configurations, you must identify which configurations and manage these cases in the job.

TRF
Five Stars

Okay, very good. 

Thank you TRF