Hit Zip bomb detected when using tFileInputExcel

Four Stars

Hit Zip bomb detected when using tFileInputExcel

Hi

I'm trying to read an excel worksheet (80 col x 80 row) from an excel file which is about 1MB in size and it contains other worksheets which I am not required to read.

I kept hitting a zip bomb detected exception (see image attached) when opening up this particular sheet. How can I troubleshoot what caused this exception and is there any configurations which I can tweak to handle this file?

Re: Hit Zip bomb detected when using tFileInputExcel

Hello,

Could you please try to extract data from specific Excel cells rather than all of the data in the file to see if it works?

Here is a related article about:https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Extracting-data-from-specific-Excel-cells/ta-...

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina

Thanks for your reply. I think I'm not even able to open the excel file in the first place. The IO exception was thrown upon opening the file. However, when I copied the required worksheet and save into a new file, I'm able to read the worksheet properly.

Hello,

You cannot open file by using tFileInputExcel component? Excel 2007 file format? Have you tried to create a file excel metadata to see if it works?

TalendHelpCenter:Centralizing File Excel metadata

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.