Help to read the header of a file

One Star

Help to read the header of a file

Hello friends,
I'm having a little trouble trying to figure it out how to read the header of a file in a certain way and the rest of it in a different way.
I have a file like this:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*CRAP DATA : YYEAAP
@ INSI LAT LONG ELEV TAV AMP REFHT WNDHT
YYEAAP -3.1 10 4 5 6 -99 -88
@DATI SAAA TBBB TCCC RDDD
00001 5 10 15 20
00002 33 7 3 1
00003 34 8 4 31
00004 35 9 6 134
00005 36 10 7 15
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know how to read the data since the 5 row using the tFileInputFullRow and setting the header to 5 and them using a tMap and a tExtractDelimitedFields to format the data.
But I need to read also the first part to join everything in the end to insert into my database.
My question is... how do I set on the tMap which row goes to one tool(tExtractDelimitedFields) and which row goes to another tool?
Thank you so much

Re: Help to read the header of a file

Hi tfandrade,
Could you give us your expected result. Do you want to separate your source file into two parts?
One part:
@ INSI LAT LONG ELEV TAV AMP REFHT WNDHT
YYEAAP -3.1 10 4 5 6 -99 -88
the other part:
@DATI SAAA TBBB TCCC RDDD
00001 5 10 15 20
00002 33 7 3 1
00003 34 8 4 31
00004 35 9 6 134
00005 36 10 7 15
Need your confirmation, thanks.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello xdshi,
I expect to have something like this:
YYEAAP | 00001 | 5 | 10 | 15 | 20
YYEAAP | 00002 | 33 | 7 | 3 | 1

Thank you again

Hi,
I know how to read the data since the 5 row using the tFileInputFullRow and setting the header to 5 and them using a tMap and a tExtractDelimitedFields to format the data.
But I need to read also the first part to join everything in the end to insert into my database.
My question is... how do I set on the tMap which row goes to one tool(tExtractDelimitedFields) and which row goes to another tool.

What you need is adding a column "YYEAAP" before your "5 row ". Component tFilterColumns can achieve your goal.
I have designed a demo job to explain it clearly.
see my screenshots.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seventeen Stars

hi all,
have a look at this post (http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6441) to retrieve "dynamically" column name.
hope it helps
regards
laurent
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I did implement what you wrote and it went perfect but the things is that I need to get value in a dynamic way because I will have about 1.000 of those files do import and they all come with that format I wrote.
So I need to figure it a way to get the first value of the 4 row and jump to 6 row and get all the other data.
The output that you sent to me it was right I just need to get the value INSI dynamically.
I try to use what kzone wrote but I couldn't find a way to combine it with what I have.
Thank you so much for everybody's help.
Thales
One Star

It would be almost like saying:
- on row 4 you get only the first value => INSI.
- from row 5 you start to get the values DATI SAAA TBBB TCCC RDDD
- in the end I concatenate INSI | DATI | SAAA | TBBB | TCCC | RDDD
Can I do that?
Thank you again.
One Star

You could split your file into 3 parts using @ as the row delimiter using tFileInputFullRow. This would give you header, INSI and DATI. In your tmap you can put a condition to output1 for strings starting with INSI and output2 strings starting with DATI. You could then process each of these outputs with their correct schemas.
One Star

Thank you people so much.
I finally got it to work like it is on the pic.
But now I'm running into some other problem.
How do I get all the data together? I've tried tMap, tUnique... everything!
Because my outputs now are:
1 - On the first tLogRow
YYEAAP | 1
2 - On the second tLogRow
values for: DATI SAAA TBBB TCCC RDDD
But I need my output to be:
1 | YYEAAP | DATI
1 | YYEAPP | SAA
1 | YYEAPP | TBB

Is there a way that I can do that?
Thank you,
Thales
http://www.talendforge.org/forum/img/members/79895/mini_104419_Captura de Tela 2013-03-12
One Star

I did what you said but now I have three outputs from the tMap with a big string.
How do I format that so I can have it row by row? The only way I knew how to do it was by tFileInputFullRow.
Thank you,
Thales
You could split your file into 3 parts using @ as the row delimiter using tFileInputFullRow. This would give you header, INSI and DATI. In your tmap you can put a condition to output1 for strings starting with INSI and output2 strings starting with DATI. You could then process each of these outputs with their correct schemas.
One Star

Output them to tFileOutputDelimited instead of tLogRow and process them with the correct schema.
One Star

Yesterday trying I did output them into two files and them started a new subjob opening the files.
But which palette do I use to do that:
One file has:
7LAG;2
The other file has:
11,8;22,7;99,9;27,7
12,3;74,8;76,3;99,9
I want them to be:
7LAG;2;11,8;22,7;99,9;27,7
7LAG;2;12,3;74,8;76,3;99,9

Observation: the first file will always have only 1 line.
Thank you so much!
One Star

What do you mean by palette? You just have tFileInputDelimiteds to read the files. Connect to first process with OnSubjobOK.