Help on tWaitForSocket component

One Star

Help on tWaitForSocket component

I would apreciate some suggestions for the use of tWaitForSocket. In the meantime I have created a job that is countiniously listening to a socket: tWaitForSocket -----> tIterateToFlow--------> tLogRow
In component tIterateToFlow I have a schema in which ((String)globalMap.get("tWaitForSocket_1_INPUT_DATA")) is associated to one column.
I can see how tWaitForSocket iterate when some information arrives to the socket but I dont'n know how to capture that information, it seems that variable
((String)globalMap.get("tWaitForSocket_1_INPUT_DATA")) doesn't pass anything.
Could you help me?
thank you.
Community Manager

Re: Help on tWaitForSocket component

Hi
I got the same problem, please report a bug on our bugtracker so that our developer could investigate it more. To get around it, you can use tFixedFlowInput instead of tIterateToFlow.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

I am trying to do something similar in Talend DI 5.3.0r101800 and cant seem to get my messages out of the stream either. Its allowing the job to run but when I send a string to the socket It iterates once but doesnt show the string in the log row. Am I doing something wrong?
Community Manager

Hi DeanWake
I have reported a bug on our bugtracker, right now, you can use tFixedFlowInput instead of tIterateToFlow.
https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-27126
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business