Hebrew from tFileInputXML to tMySQLOutput converts into ?

One Star

Hebrew from tFileInputXML to tMySQLOutput converts into ?

Hi,
I parse an XML file with tFileInputXML and insert the data in a MySQL table via tMySQLOutput. The XML file is utf8 encoded and contains data in hebrew and english. Under advanced settings I set the encoding to utf8 for both tFileInputXML and tMySQLOutput . The problem is that when I check in the database after the insert all the hebrew data is converted into ?.
I dumped the data from the XML file to an Excel file and it displays properly. I also inserted manually hebrew data in the database and again it displays properly in the database (all column and table encoding are set to utf8 on the database level as well), so the problem must be somewhere in the link between tFileInputXML and tMySQLOutput .
Any ideas how can I solve this problem?
Thanks
Magi
One Star

Re: Hebrew from tFileInputXML to tMySQLOutput converts into ?

Hi,
I still haven't found a solution to this problem. The problem persists with Vietnamese as well. It seems that I cannot transfer UTF-8 non English characters to a database table. Can someone please help?
Thanks
Magi
One Star

Is it a myth or reality that TOS is supporting multilingual data and utf8? I have been using TOS for a year now quite successfully, but now that I have to load some Hebrew and Vietnamese data all the jobs that I have created in the last year fail to insert the utf-8 data properly. I have been trying to get an answer on the above question for some time now, but it seems that nobody has the answer. Now, this is a question for the Talend guys (please don't ignore me:-)) who must know the features of their product:
Can I load utf-8 data in from utf-8 encoded XML file to a utf-8 mySQL database table?
To make it more descriptive I have attached a sample job. Bottom line is that the characters appear as ? in the DB instead of proper hebrew or Vietnamese characters.
Thank you
Magi
Six Stars

This may be an issue with jdbc/mysql, under the advanced settings in your tMysqlOuput component try adding "characterEncoding=UTF-8" ("noDatetimeStringSync=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8") to your 'Additional JDBC Parameters' URL. Let me know if this helps.
One Star

Thank you. It works fine now.