One Star

Having trouble seeing SAP Connector under Metadata in Repository

Hello!
I am using TOS - DI 6.1.0 and have downloaded SAPjco.jar and I went into module view and imported the .jar file after having copied it into system32. There was only one dll to copy since it was SAPjco3.0.4. After that I am stuck, I tried looking to where SAP Connection should show but it is not there? How do install the SAP Input and Output components to TOS? I have tried looking throughout the forums here and clarification on the steps needed to install would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.
Sean
3 REPLIES

Re: Having trouble seeing SAP Connector under Metadata in Repository

Hi sean,
tSapInput and tSapOutput components deprecated before 6.0 have been removed from Talend open studio 6.0.
So far, they are not Talend Official components but custom components which are available on Talend Exchange Portal(without officially technical support by Talend).
You can download freely tSapXXX custom components and install them into talend studio.
Please take a look at document about:TalendHelpCenter:Installing a custom component.
In addition, before using SAP components in Talend Studio, you must install SAP Java connector. This article explains how to install SAP Java connector into Talend Studio.
TalendHelpCenter:Installing SAP Java Connector
Let us know if it is OK with you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thank you, I have the SAP Java Connector installed I believe. When I pop up module view it shows sapjco3.jar as installed (check mark).
I am trying the custom component install now.

Hi,
Don't hesitate to post your issue here.
Let us know if the custom tSapXXX components are Ok with you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.