Has anybody created a Talend v6 cookbook for Chef?

One Star

Has anybody created a Talend v6 cookbook for Chef?

We had a cookbook for Talend 5.5.1 used to deploy.  After recent hardships getting even the "Easy Install" of Talend to work,  I am moving on to trying to make a cookbook for Talend v6 to ensure not only that Talend is installed, but that all prereqs and config giblets are in the right places.
  Before tackling this myself,  I decided to grovel a bit in the forums to see if anybody had already done one.   I didn't see one in the Marketplace, but maybe somebody did one on their own.  Anyone?
  As a secondary question:  How many people could use such a cookbook?  If I go to the trouble to create one, it might be nice to know if anybody else could use it.

Re: Has anybody created a Talend v6 cookbook for Chef?

We had a cookbook for Talend 5.5.1 used to deploy.  After recent hardships getting even the "Easy Install" of Talend to work,  I am moving on to trying to make a cookbook for Talend v6 to ensure not only that Talend is installed, but that all prereqs and config giblets are in the right places.

Are you looking for talend online installation and user guides? Is the link https://help.talend.com?content-lang=en/v6.2 Ok with you? Feel free to correct us if we misunderstand your requirement.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Re: Has anybody created a Talend v6 cookbook for Chef?

Not what I was looking for.   I ran through the "Easy Install"  and while it installed the product, I had a lot of manual configuration to do, and the installation guide is incorrect.  In spite of the Easy Install claiming to install Subversion, I had to do that manually.  Many of the folders that are preconfigured on the configuration page did not exist and had to be created.  The install required my to provide a connection to a MySQL database, though I had thought it was supposed to use it's built in database on an Easy Install.
That said, a Chef cookbook describes how a properly installed Talend installation should look.  It will modify configuration files,  install what needs installing, and check prerequisites.  It allows one step configuration of a Talend Server, and ensures that the configuration is not accidently changed.
The cookbook also will have a list of the variables required to do the install (MySQL server and logon credentials, home directory,  ....).  Since Talend stores configuration data in both the DB AND in config files, I would need to make sure the database matched the expected configuration.  Would also look at trying to automate task creation.
Ideally, I would start with an existing cookbook,  but if none exists, then I would see about updating our v5 cookbook to v6 and adding in all the missing giblets.  I provided a lot of feedback to support on the shortcomings of the documentation and installer.