Handle connections errors in jobs without stopping job

Two Stars

Handle connections errors in jobs without stopping job

Dears,

We have many talend jobs, connecting to external SQL server databases. I would like to know if there is any option in Talend to ignore the connection errors like (

java.sql.SQLException:Network error IOException: Connection timed out: connect

java.sql.SQLExceptionSmiley Frustratedession Provider: Physical connection is not usable [xFFFFFFFF]

).

We run many jobs in parallel and If any of tMSSQLINPUT component failed for connection error, all other jobs failed. 

It is very important for us, to get the other jobs continue running.

Thank you.

Community Manager

Re: Handle connections errors in jobs without stopping job

When you say you run many jobs in parallel, do you mean that you run many tRunJob components in parallel? If so, just untick Die on Child Error in the tRunJob

Nine Stars

Hi,

You'll need to implement some kind of off-premise DB connection, using a tJavaFlex, whereby you can code in a try...catch to catch the error and re-run/re-process whatever was being run at the time. You might also need to put in some recovery logic so you dont have to start back at the beginning again.

Regards David
Dont forget to give Kudos when an answer is helpful or mark the answer as the solution.
Two Stars

Thank you for reply, I tried unticking tDie on Error option before but it is not solving all scenarios on design. I have many jobs have multiple sources in the same Talend job; handled using tMSSQLINPUT. is there any Die on error option or any similar option on this component?

Two Stars

Thank you for the reply, actually I don;t want anything except continue running the same process (same jobs and all jobs after). Sometimes the source ca be disconnected for days, I don;t want to rerun the job (Just ignore the error and continue running). Next schedule running, if all servers are connected successfully then all missing data from last executions will be loaded.

Attached is a sample of my job.

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog