Handle Unicode String datatype

Six Stars

Handle Unicode String datatype

Hi,

I have jobs, where the datatype is unicode string, that I can handle in ab initio DML having string as data type and unicode as character set, but I don't see any such datatype handling situation in talend, can someone suggest to handle it.

It seems data has space in between letter but it is actually not space, so can't replace space with blank in it. below is one example. 

8 7 7 2 5 0 5 8 2 3

Employee

Re: Handle Unicode String datatype

Hi,

Please refer the below posts which is marked as resolved. I hope they will give you the way forward.

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/resolved-Encoding-to-UTF-8-miss-all-latin-spe...

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/resolved-problem-with-tMysqlOutput-and-Encodi...

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Six Stars

Re: Handle Unicode String datatype

Thanks Nikhil. but it doesn't have my answer.

I found below command on net to remove unprintable unicode letters and it is working on current dataset, which has less data, but I am not sure if this is correct and will work on everything.

replaceAll("\\p{C}","")

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog