HTTP 500 Error even if the job runs successfully

One Star

HTTP 500 Error even if the job runs successfully

I have a job that has a REST request and response components as start and end points. This job is deployed as service and all it does is to accept an XML content and validate it against a schema. If the validation is successful, the XML content is written to a physical file on the server and the flow moves to the response component that returns HTTP 200 as return code. If the validation fails, the flow moves to another response component that returns HTTP 500 as return code.
I had a weird case recently when the service started sending HTTP 500 return codes even if the job executed successfully. I have some internal logging in the job and the log shows that all steps in the job were successfully executed and the job should have followed the path that returns HTTP 200. The issue got resolved by itself in about 20 minutes, and it started responding correctly again. i.e. return HTTP 200 in case of success and HTTP 500 in case of failure.
I am clueless. It is a production system and I am afraid that this might happened again. Can anyone please suggest what could be the cause? Or any idea if I can tweak some configuration or karaf logging sop that I can see more detailed cause of HTTP 500 error? All suggestions are welcome.

Re: HTTP 500 Error even if the job runs successfully

Hi,
Is it just HTTP 500 or HTTP 500-13?HTTP 500-14?HTTP 500-12? Did you test it on other system to see if this issue repro?
Is there any firewall for your production system?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks for the reply.
It was only HTTP 500, and there is no firewall, since the issue resolved by itself a while later. The issue has not occurred since, but I am still looking for a solution.
Where can I find detailed logs of Talend runs? Is it possible to increase the level of logging, so it logs when each component in a job has been executed?

Hi,
Talend studio error log--><Talend Studio installation path>/workspace/.metadata/.log
Talend run time error log --><Talend runtime path>\containber\log\tesb.log.
Is it possible to increase the level of logging, so it logs when each component in a job has been executed?

Could you please elaborate your requirement with an example with input and expected values? Do you mean Tracks Debug?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.