HL7 Output Generation

HI
Instead Of Fixed Flow input ,Can we Generate HL7 File from the values from Database.Please explain me the flow to generate HL7 from Database Values
9 REPLIES

Re: HL7 Output Generation

Hi,
What's your input source? You can also generate a HL7 Message with values in mysql
tmysqlinput -row(main)-->tmap -->thl7output. Could you please give us more info about your job requirement?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina,

I want to generate HL7 message for all the records in my database. I could able to generate message for one record. But, for multiple records also, it is generating only one message. I attached my job screenshot. Please help me on this.
Twelve Stars

if You have success with single record, just use tFlowToIterate for convert Your database input flow into set of single records.
Input -> tFlowToIterate -> feature steps for single record
-----------
Four Stars

Thank you vapukov for your reply. Even I tried that one. But iterate row should connect to which segment?
Twelve Stars

I of course do not know full logic of Job,
but You can play around:

if number of columns not big, insert it after tMap, from tMap Iterate connection to  tFixedFlowInput which convert globalVariables back to flow
if number of columns big, it possible to make 2-step - select all ID only, then Iterate for each ID request all other columns by ID filter, than tMap and all other steps
-----------
Four Stars

With this approach, only one file is generating for the last record.

Here is the screenshot:

Four Stars

Can anyone please upload a sample job that generates HL7 messages for database records?
Thanks in advance!
Twelve Stars

With this approach, only one file is generating for the last record.

It is because - You are not manage file name per iteration. And with each iteration (till the last) - Your Job overwrite file
When You use iterations, You must manage file name, for example:
-----------
Four Stars

Hi vapukov,

I tried that way only. But it is generating only one file. Could you please attach your working sample job?