HELP ! java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver [Screenshots attached]

Five Stars

HELP ! java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver [Screenshots attached]

Hi,

Genearl Details first:
I'm using Talend Integration (TOS_DI-Win32-20181026_1147-V7.1.1) with Java(jdk1.8.0_201)

I am building a very simple job which load a big text (tFileInputDelimited) file into a table in teradata (tTeradataFastLoad).
However I'm getting the following error (Loader is the name of the job):

Exception in component tTeradataFastLoad_1 (Loader)
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at local_project.loader_0_1.Loader.tFileInputDelimited_1Process(Loader.java:561)
at local_project.loader_0_1.Loader.runJobInTOS(Loader.java:1199)
at local_project.loader_0_1.Loader.main(Loader.java:1050)

Job Designer

Capture.JPG

Job Designer
Capture1.JPG

JRE (From preferences)

Capture3.JPG

Re: HELP ! java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver [Screenshots attached]

Hello,

It is a missing jar issue. Could you please follow up this online installation guide about:TallendHelpCenter:Installing external modules ?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Re: HELP ! java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver [Screenshots attached]

Thank @xdshi , 
However, as you can see from the screenshot, I'm not being prompted to download any external jars.
any idea?

Five Stars

Hi @xdshi ,

Would appreciate your help. 

I was able to sort the previous error, there was something wrong with my JAVA.
I made a clean install of JAVE and Latest TOS.
This time I was prompted to install external JARs from Teradata Download site, I downloaded and installed them.

Now, I'm getting a different error:

[statistics] connected
Exception in component tTeradataFastLoad_1 (test)
java.sql.BatchUpdateException: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 16.20.00.10] [Error 1154] [SQLState HY000] A failure occurred while inserting the batch of rows destined for database table "TESTDB"."TESTTABLE". Details of the failure can be found in the exception chain that is accessible with getNextException.
	at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.ErrorFactory.makeBatchUpdateException(ErrorFactory.java:149)
	at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.ErrorFactory.makeBatchUpdateException(ErrorFactory.java:133)
	at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.fastload.FastLoadManagerPreparedStatement.executeBatch(FastLoadManagerPreparedStatement.java:2389)
	at local_project.test_0_1.test.tFileInputDelimited_1Process(test.java:917)
	at local_project.test_0_1.test.runJobInTOS(test.java:1192)
	at local_project.test_0_1.test.main(test.java:1043)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 16.20.00.10] [Error 1147] [SQLState HY000] The next failure(s) in the exception chain occurred while beginning FastLoad of database table "P_SDO_T"."MC_VRTN_ASPCT_CLSSFCTN_PreClas"
	at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.ErrorFactory.makeDriverJDBCException(ErrorFactory.java:95)
	at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.ErrorFactory.makeDriverJDBCException(ErrorFactory.java:70)
	at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.fastload.FastLoadManagerPreparedStatement.beginFastLoad(FastLoadManagerPreparedStatement.java:966)
	at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.fastload.FastLoadManagerPreparedStatement.executeBatch(FastLoadManagerPreparedStatement.java:2210)
	... 3 more
[statistics] disconnected

Attaching a screenshot of the Modules installed:
Capture4.JPG

Eleven Stars

Hello @dardas 

what version of Teradata are you running? 

Could you please refer to online component reference about tTeradataFastLoad to verify that you are using it correctly?

https://help.talend.com/reader/vtKRJtv42tXTm3pLV5~0Qw/zPa2rZCe5IRX7rMN9AX1xQ

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Thank you all.
After I installed Latest TOS and Latest Java,
I eventually fount out that the source of issue I experienced after was a result of a bad file I got from the user.

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download