HDFS connection prblem

One Star

HDFS connection prblem

Hi!
I'm new to Talend and I'm trying a simple example just to know how it works. I have installed a two node hadoop cluster in NATIVE; Distribution APACHE version 2.2.0.
I've designed a job with the tHDFSGet_1 component, and I'm getting the following error:
Exception in component tHDFSGet_1
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: Server IPC version 9 cannot communicate with client version 3
It seems that there is a version problem between HDFS and Talend. I've tried to add manually the hadoop-core-2.2.0.jar to talend modules but I'm not reaching any successful solution. Is there any way of solving this?
Any help will be really appreciated!!

Re: HDFS connection prblem

Hi,
Could you please have a look at related forum .
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina thank you for your reply.
I've alredy readed that post, but as they are talking about a hortonworks hadoop distribution, I think the way of fixing it is not the same as mine.
In addition to that, they say that a way of fixing the problem is to upgrade Talend to 5.4.0 version and I have the 5.4.1 alredy, so I guess that can't be the problem...
What do you think? Do you still think that the forum you have said to me must help to fix my issue? Thanks a lot!
Employee

Hello,
"I'm new to Talend and I'm trying a simple example just to know how it works. I have installed a two node hadoop cluster in NATIVE; Distribution APACHE version 2.2.0."
You mean you've installed Hadoop outside of a distribution (MapR, Cloudera, Hortonworks, Pivotal)?
If this is the case, you will have to use the custom distribution feature. You can find more information here: https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=tHDFSConnection&content-lang=en
HTH,
Rémy.